Colorific Adhesion Master 7200 is an optically clear, slower drying, solvent-based primer specifically developed to improve adhesion of UV onto the more difficult rigid materials such as Fluted Polypropylenes and Polyethylene. Because of theinert nature of polypropylene materials such as ‘Correx’ and ‘Priplac’ the drying time for 7200 is longer than that of 6800, with drying times in a well-ventilated area of 10–20 minutes required in order to achieve full adhesion. Adhesion Master 7200 is available in 1 ltr containers.
To apply 7200
- Remove any protective film from the substrate.
- Remove any excess dirt with a dry cloth.
- Soak a lint-free cloth such as Clean Room wipes and wipe the entire substrate surface.
- Allow to dry – normally 10-20 minutes depending on the substrate size and drying conditions.
- Print onto surface.
- The viscosity of 7200 makes it suitable for application by roller or pad.
- The chemical nature of 7200 is such that the primer can be applied up to 2 days prior to printing without any adverse effects on ink adhesion or outdoor weathering
- Depending on the substrate and ink film deposit the chemical bond might take up to 24 hours to complete.
- Materials primed with 7200 in this manner prior to printing will have greater water resistance for prolonged outdoor use.
- 7200 has a lower odour than 6800 and can be used on other plastic materials where the odour of 6800 is considered problematic.
Additional application advice for Primers: There are various application methods for Primers currently used by digital printers. Lint-free cloth (eg Clean Room Wipes),Paint roller and Paint pad
Pour the Primer into a shallow tray. Immerse or soak the cloth/roller/pad in the Primer and remove any excess. Alternatively, pour the Primer directly onto the substrate and wipe over the surface. Apply directly to the substrate, using one of the methods above, to give an even, smooth coating. When applying the primer it is important to avoid over-wiping, as this will result in poor flow and inconsistent thickness and will be visible on transparent substrates. Use a sweeping motion and avoid excessive overlaps and streaking. Take care that over-use of the Primer does not excessively damage the paint pad or roller.
General Advice – UV Digital Inks: Always check the adhesion performance of UV onto the selected media before committing to a print run. To minimise edge chipping stand prints for 24 hours before finishing. When printing clear materials prime the whole surface to avoid any optical differences in clarity. Images containing large areas of block colour should always be printed at the minimum speed to give the best finish. Corona treated materials such as ‘Correx’ degrade over time, so wherever possible use fresh stock. For backlit signage where possible leave a 3mm clear border around the image area.
|6800 Series||7000 Series||7200 Series|
|Foam Centered Board||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Self Adhesive PVC||✓|
|Polystyrene||Do Not Use||✓||Do Not Use|
|Gloss Rigid PVC||✓||✓|